My mother’s kitchen is decorated in lemons. Lemon wallpaper, lemon soap dishes, lemon magnets–the list is endless. Whenever I come across a recipe including lemons, I have to try it out so I can pass the good recipes along to my mom. This cookie recipe easily made the cut. The cookies are fluffy and melt in your mouth with a splash of lemon.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1-½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Scrape sides and mix again. Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly.
3. Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Take a teaspoon of dough and form into a ball. Roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
Yields 3 dozen cookies. 3 cookies per serving. 6 Weight Watcher’s Plus Points per serving.
Source: The Food Charlatan
I’m so glad you loved these cookies! Nothing beats lemon, does it? I’m looking forward to more recipes from you!