Thanks to the pandemic and stay-at-home orders, I am working in the basement these days. So the commute has reduced from a 30-40 minute drive home to 30-40 second walk up the stairs. I could use the extra half hour to make a more labor intensive dinner. And sometimes I do. But honestly, I don’t always have it in me. Sometimes I need an easy win that still feels like a solid meal.
Enter: sheet plan meals. Single sheet pan meals are all over Pinterest and for good reason. They are so gosh dang easy to prep. Outside of cutting veggies, you can toss all the food on a pan, swoosh it around, and pop it in the oven–all while a baby is glued to your hip.
We tested out this shrimp fajita sheet pan meal and it was a huge hit. We will definitely making this again–especially once I go back to work in the office. This entire meal can be made under a half hour, which is a game changer when you walk in the front door around 7:00 p.m. each weeknight. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 1/2- 2 pounds of shrimp, peeled (I just grabbed a bag from the frozen section and dumped the entire bag in)
- 3 bell peppers, thinly sliced (mix between red, yellow, and orange)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- squeeze of lime
- any and all taco/fajita toppings–for us–guacamole, salsa, and sour cream are musts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Grab a large bowl and toss together everything but the lime, tortillas and toppings (so the last three ingredients)
- Once well coated, distribute across a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Cook for 8 minutes. Then turn to broil and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until shrimp are done.
- Once out of oven, squeeze the lime juice over the cooked fajita insides.
- Toss insides into tortilla shells and top with all the delicious toppings you have.
Source: Number 2 Pencil