Simple ingredients always seem to make the best meal. Just let the natural flavors of the real food stand out on its own. That is why I love this soup. The list of ingredients is minimal. There is not much to do it. But the soup has so much flavor and texture. And you are not stuck to the same taste palate. You can top the soup with so many different options to mix it up, all while staying true to the base flavor. This is my new favorite soup.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Pesto, a spoonful per bowl (very much recommend!)
- French’s fried onions
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil to medium size pot. Add in onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add in beans and broth. Take an immersion blender to blend until beans are chopped up. Add in red pepper flakes and red wine vinegar. Bring soup to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover and let cook for at least 30 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Ladle into bowl. Top with optional toppings and add salt and pepper to taste.
Source: Cup of Jo