My favorite go-to meal. This fun Mexican dish is so easy to make because you just toss everything into the slow cooker before you leave for work, and you come home to a wonderful meal waiting to be devoured! Matt loves this meal and asks me to make it at least once a week.
- 4 chicken breasts (can be frozen if you are in a hurry)
- 1/2 cup of cilantro
- juice from one lime
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (low sodium version if possible)
- 1-2 jalapenos sliced
- 1 jar of salsa (I use Herdez)
- Toss all the ingredients into the slow cooker. Set slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours.
- Two hours before serving, shred chicken. Place back in slow cooker to allow flavors to marinate.
- Serve as filling in tacos or burritos. I usually make guacamole to add in the burritos along with cheese, lettuce, and sour cream.
Adapted from Pip & Ebby
I made this today and I heard my husband, Matt, say between bites, “Delicious!,” and “Amazing!” I am a Vegetarian, but our house sure did smell of the fantastic flavors marinating together!
I did halve the recipe.