I had never been to a Trader Joe’s until I found this recipe. I had this idea that Trader Joe’s was this super crunchy, ultra expensive grocery store. But then I stumbled upon this recipe that seemed like the perfect weekday meal (ie: one that takes 40 minutes or less from fridge to the table). Ok, so turns out that my perception of Trader Joe’s wasn’t exactly on mark. There is more than just granola and organic yogurt.
This truly is a great meal. There isn’t more than a couple of ingredients–all which are very easy to prepare. You toss everything together and bam, you got yourself a fancy meal.
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi from Trader Joe’s
- Sausage, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Spinach or Arugula
- Cook the gnocchi by tossing them into a skillet with two-three tablespoons of water over medium heat. Cook for several minutes, covered. Uncover and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes.
2. In a separate pan, cook the sausage and mushrooms over medium heat with some olive oil. Cook until the mushrooms are soft.
3. Combine the gnocchi with the sausage mushroom mixture. Toss in the tomatoes in to slightly warm them.
4. Place into a separate bowl and toss with greens and Parmesan cheese to serve. Personally, we are not a fan of the arugula and sub in spinach. Enjoy!
Source: Cup of Jo