In college, I worked at Manny’s, an upscale Mexican restaurant. The food is amazing there! I’ve worked at a lot of restaurants (waitress from the age of 14), and Manny’s was my favorite–from the excellent food, clean kitchen, and use of fresh ingredients to the most amazing people to work with–I definitely miss working there when the long hours of law school start to wear on me.
One of the best appetizers on the menu is the ceviche. Always fresh, it compliments a Perfecta Margarita wonderfully. The anniversary of the opening of the Eau Claire location of Manny’s is this Friday. So it seemed fitting to try out my own ceviche recipe. Since I’m working on a budget, I didn’t use scallops or red snapper like Manny’s ceviche, but it is a good substitute to hold me over til I make my way back to La Crosse and can enjoy the original. Serve with chips, over lettuce or on a tostada. This is only 5 Weight Watcher Plus Points for a little less than a cup.
- 1 lb jumbo cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced fine
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Combine the lime juice, olive oil, onion, and a pinch salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to marinate for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Toss. Serve with warm chips, over lettuce or on a tostada. Enjoy!
Source: Skinny Taste
I definitely recommend eating at Manny’s if you are ever in the La Crosse or Eau Claire Wisconsin area.