I have always loved meatballs. But, now that I am trying to eat healthier, I cut back on eating red meat like ground beef. This turkey meatball recipe has all the great taste of an Italian meatball without all the guilt. The sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese add a wonderful flavor to this dish.
- 1/4 cup Plain Breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian, flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg, beaten (or egg substitute)
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, brown breadcrumbs with butter until golden. This should take about 8 minutes. After breadcrumbs have cooled, combine with tomatoes, parsley, garlic, Parmesan, and salt in a large bowl. Mix with beaten egg and milk. Add ground turkey to mixture. Use hands to combine the ingredients together.
3. Form the meat mixture into medium-sized balls and arrange on a large baking sheet. Bake for about 25-28 minutes. Turn meatballs over half through cook time.
Serve with your favorite pasta and sauce. And Enjoy!
Neat dinner Ideas! Can’t wait to try the slowcooked Italian Beef Sandwiches.