I have always been a sandwich lover. From peanut butter and jelly to my “world famous” turkey, avocado, tomato stacked sandwich, I can always go for a sandwich. This chicken pita has a zesty, fresh taste that is perfect for lunch or dinner. With all the hype around the Hunger Games, I named this dish after my favorite character Peeta Mellark.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup chopped tomato (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup of feta
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 handful of kalamata olives
- 6 whole wheat pitas
2. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, fresh tomatoes, feta cheese, basil, and chicken.
3. Stuff the mixture into the pitas.
And great news–this is only 6 Weight Watchers points! : )
Modified from: Sweet Pea’s Kitchen