Is it just me or is it hard to come up with a complete meal? The main dish with compatible side dishes that make you feel like you are a real adult. This side dish is honestly perfect with so many sides: steak, chicken, beef, tofu, eggplant. It’ll hang with the best of them. I am so glad I added this side dish to my rotation.
- I can black beans, drained and washed
- 1 can chick peas, drained and washed
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/.4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine in large bowl black beans, chick peas, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, and olives.
- In separate bowl, combine garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Drizzle dressing over veggie/bean mixture. Add in mint.
Source: Suburban Soapbox